Do I need a permit to put a sign up?

Yes, Cascade County Zoning Regulations (CCZR) requires all signs, structures, foundations, buildings, and changes of use to obtain a permit with Cascade County Planning Department, as mention in CCZR §9.2.1 under Permits Authorized:

Pursuant to MCA §76-2-207, a Location/Conformance Permit shall be required for all proposed buildings, structures, signs, land uses, and changes in land use within the Zoning Jurisdictional Area except where exempted under Section 9.2.3. Legal Location/Conformance Permits shall be approved and authorized by the Zoning Administrator. A separate Location/Conformance Permit shall be issued for each tract of land and for each distinct use in a project proposal. 

To find more information on regulations regarding signs in Cascade County, please check our Cascade County Zoning Regulations §8.1 "Uses, Signs, Lots".

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit to build a foundation or even to build a building/structure, like a shed or a garage?
2. Do I need a permit for a change of use on my land/building?
3. Do I need a permit for starting a business or for my business?
4. Do I need a permit to put a sign up?
5. Does the Planning Department enforce building codes?
6. Does Cascade County issue a Certificate of Occupancy?
7. How do I check to see if a property is in compliance with local land use regulations and ordinances?
8. How do I check to see if I can build or start a business on a piece of property?
9. How do I submit a land use complaint on a property located in the County?
10. How do I get my junk vehicle(s) removed?
11. What kind of plants does the County recommend for the Landscaping Requirements?