SHIP - State Health Insurance Program
Cascade County provides no cost health-benefits counseling and advocacy service for Medicare beneficiaries and their families or caregivers. The SHIP Counselor is here to educate, advocate for, counsel and empower people to make informed benefit decisions. Some of the ways that the SHIP Counselor can help are:
- Those turning 65 and needing to sign up for Medicare. The Counselor can assist with information gathering and answering questions so that you can make informed decisions about your Medicare Coverage
- Medicare 101 - the Counselor throughout the year provides educational sessions to groups regarding Medicare and the basics of the program. You can also find information on Medicare education here
- Open Enrollment - the Counselor will assist with plan comparisons ahead of a decision related to changing or altering existing Medicare Part D (Prescription Drug Coverage).
- Related types of health insurance benefits
- Medicagap (Supplemental) Insurance
- Medicare Health Plans
- Fraud Watch - can assist with Medicare Fraud, Waste and Abuse questions
- Long Term Care options and information.
- Counseling sessions are typically held in-person, but can be done over the phone as well as if you are homebound or in a nursing home, the counselor can come to meet with you. Call Pam Roatch at 454-6990 to schedule an appointment.
- Care Share Newsletter is provided monthly. To signup for the email list email [email protected] and request to be added to the Care Share mailing list.