Retail & Wholesale Food Establishments

  1. Food Service
  2. Retail Food Establishments
  3. Wholesale Food Establishments

Food service establishments are regulated by the Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS), Food and Consumer Safety Section (FCSS). The Administrative Rules of Montana (ARM) for each food program are established by DPHHS but enforced by individual counties.

Registered Sanitarians (RS) from CCHD Environmental Health Services (EHS) license and inspect food service establishments in Cascade County. Establishments that serve food directly to the consumer fall under Retail Food rules. Establishments that manufacture food and/or distribute food to retail establishments fall under Wholesale Food rules. Cottage Food Purveyors and Temporary Food Establishments are retail food but are permitted differently than conventional establishments.