Text & Map Revisions to Cascade County Zoning Regulations
The Cascade County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Thursday, November 12, 2020, at 5:30 p.m. via Zoom to consider the recommendations from the Cascade County Planning Board (“Planning Board”) regarding:
- Text revisions to the Cascade County Zoning Regulations; and
- Zoning map revisions as shown in the proposed district boundary maps:
Initially, the Cascade County Planning Department proposed revisions to the current Cascade County Zoning Regulations to the Planning Board. The Planning Board held several public hearings concerning the proposed revisions, and on September 10, 2019, made the following recommendations:
- Added the definition “Registered Premise” to be explicitly included in both the Cascade County Zoning Regulations (“CCZR”) §2 “Definitions” and §7 for the respective zoning Districts in the Regulations, and expanded medical marijuana as a permitted principal use in the Agricultural District, and the proposed Mixed Use 20 (MU-20) District, the Commercial District, and Industrial (I-1) District and the Heavy Industrial (I-2) District;
- Added the definition “Medical Marijuana Testing Facility” to be added to CCZR §2 “Definitions” and §7 of the respective zoning Districts in the Regulations, and added medical marijuana testing facilities as a permitted principal use in the Agricultural District, MU-20 District, the Commercial District, I-1 District, and I-2 District;
- Denied the creation of the proposed Sub-Section 7.7 “Mixed Use 40 (MU-40)” District;
- Retained the remaining Agricultural District;
- Adopted the remaining revisions in §§1 through 18 of the CCZR; and
- Adopted the text revisions and zoning map boundaries for the MU-20 District upon a finding they are in accordance with the Cascade County Growth Policy and Montana Code Annotated § 76-2-303.
The proposed revisions to the CCZR are on file for public inspection in the office of the Cascade County Clerk and Recorder, 121 4th St. N., #1B-1, Great Falls, MT 59401, and at the Cascade County Planning Department, 121 4th St. N., Ste. 2H/I, Great Falls, MT 59401. Any interested person may appear via Zoom by video or telephone to speak for or against the proposed revisions. Written comments (please provide your name and address along with your comments, anonymous comments may not be considered) for consideration will be accepted up to June 20th, 2019. Written public comments will be received until November 11, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. MST and can be submitted to the Planning Department by mail to 121 4th St N, STE 2H/I, Great Falls, MT 59401, by email at email@example.com, or fax at (406)454-6919. If you are submitting comments, please fill out this form or include it with your materials. If submitting comments in a digital format please provide the document(s) in PDF format. Supporting materials can be found below. Both the Planning Board’s and the Planning Department’s proposed draft revisions to the CCZR are provided for consideration and review.