Resources by Audience
- 11/20/20 Health Officer Order
- COVID-19 Complaint Form
- Isolation & Quarantine Instructions
- Essential Prevention Measures
Read the latest Order of Health Officer here:
On January 13, 2021, Governor Greg Gianforte announced that he was rescinding former Governor Bullock’s Executive Orders 2-2020 and 3-2020. Governor Gianforte also issued a new Directive implementing his Executive Order 2-2021, which lifts some restrictions but leaves the mask order in place. However, the directive states that “in the interest of uniformity of laws and to prevent the spread of disease, all inconsistent local government health ordinances or orders are preempted by this Directive, but only to the extent they are less restrictive.” That is, Governor Gianforte’s directive does not supersede local health orders.
Because Cascade County has continued to sustain high numbers of new COVID-19 cases, the Board of Health elected at a January 6, 2021 regular meeting to keep the November 20, 2020 Order of Health Officer in place until the case rate of new COVID-19 infections is at or below 25 per 100,000 for four consecutive weeks.
Please use the following form from Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services to report potential violations of COVID-19 directives or other public health and safety regulations:
These complaints are sent to both State and local public health departments.
CCHD & State business reopening guidance
- Retail & other business guidance: https://www.cascadecountymt.gov/DocumentCenter/View/181/05-11-2020-Appendix-A-CCHD-Environmental-Health---Guidance-Packet-for-Reopening-Retail---Other-Businesses-PDF
- Restaurant & bar guidance: https://www.cascadecountymt.gov/DocumentCenter/View/186/05-11-2020-Appendix-B-DPHHS-Food-and-Consumer-Safety-Division---Guidance-Packet-for-Reopening-Food-Establishments-and-Bars-PDF
- For bars (seating guidance): https://www.cascadecountymt.gov/DocumentCenter/View/182/06-03-2020-Bar-Seating-Guidance-During-Phase-2-PDF
CCHD's events guidance
- Event planning packet: https://www.cascadecountymt.gov/DocumentCenter/View/157/07-10-2020-Event-Packet---Required-for-Events-with-a-100-Plus-Attendees-PDF
COVID-19 FAQ from the Montana State Governor's Office
Read the Governor's COVID-19 FAQ here (updated 10/15/20): https://covid19.mt.gov/Frequently-Asked-Questions
Learn more from the Governor's COVID-19 Task Force here: https://covid19.mt.gov/
Bars and restaurants
Find guidance for bars & restaurants here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/business-employers/bars-restaurants.html
Find guidance for office buildings here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/office-buildings.html
Casinos and gambling
Find guidance for casinos & gambling here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/business-employers/casinos-gaming-operations.html
Find guidance for small businesses here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-small-business.html
Information from the City of Great Falls
For order violation complaints regarding businesses in Cascade County, or to seek additional guidance for your business, please email City-County Health Department or call 406-454-6950.