Other Resources

Other Resources

Cascade County Aging Services provides a wide variety of information and resources to callers and clients. Information includes telephone numbers, contact people, and community services that can provide assistance to seniors. Whether you have a problem or just don't know where to turn, we strive to answer your questions and provide help.  Call our office and ask to speak to a Resource Counselor who will be happy to help you find the answers you are seeking.  Below are some frequently asked questions provided as self-help tools and are not an exhaustive list.   

Legal Questions or Problems

There are three resources available to seniors 60 years of age or older to receive answers to legal questions or assistance with legal problems.

Montana Department of Health and Human Services Legal Services Developer Program provides elder law training and resources for seniors and family members and social outreach workers. The program also develops pro bono and local legal services referrals, training materials and telephone assistance on related matters.  Call Katy Lovell at (406) 444-7787 for information. 

Montana Legal Services Association is open to those with income $1,500 or less per month and provides a variety of legal services.  Call 1-800-666-6899. 

Montana Law Help can provide answers to general legal questions or information on legal topics.. Visit their website for more information. 

Veteran's Outreach Program

Veteran's with questions or needing assistance can visit with a Program Specialist at the Great Falls Vet Center, 612 2nd Avenue North in Great Falls or call (406) 452-9048.  This Center offers several support groups and ancillary services.  

Are you a veteran in crisis or concerned about one?  Veterans in crisis can call for immediate 24/7 at Veteran's Crisis Line  1-800-273-8255. Many of the qualified responders are veterans themselves. 

Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation

If you or someone you know age 60 or older or disabled is dealing abuse, neglect or feeling like you are being used, make a report to Adult Protective Services aka/APS at 1-844-277-9300. 

For residents of Long Term Care and Assisted Living Facilities having issues and in need of advocacy contact the State Ombudsman Office at 406-444-3285. 

Additional Program Contacts 

Office of Public Assistance - For assistance with Medicaid, SNAP(food stamps), TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) and the Medicare Savings Program (MSP) contact      1-888-706-1535. 

Opportunities Inc. - For the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP), Housing Services, Emergency Services and more call 406-761-0310. 

Alzheimer's Association -- Are you someone with Alzheimer's or related dementias or a primary caregiver for someone with these conditions?  Contact the Alzheimer's Association for help and support at 1-800-272-3900, available 24/7. 

Voices of Hope - Crisis Line -- Are you feeling sad or thinking about suicide? The Voices of Hope Crisis Line is here to help. Someone you can turn to when Nobody understands or when Everybody is too busy to listen call  1-406-453-4357.