The Cascade County Planning Division is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the County's Subdivision Regulations, Zoning Regulations, Growth Policy, the State of Montana Subdivision and Platting Act, Floodplain Regulations, Location/Conformance permits, Fireworks permits, and overall land use management for the County.

In addition, the Planning Division oversees parkland administration, road abandonments, conflicts and questions regarding land use and land use regulations, community decay investigation and enforcements, junk vehicle removal and disposal, as well as administration of the Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Adjustment.

If you plan on building or developing land in Cascade County but outside the City of Great Falls, the incorporated towns of Belt, Cascade, or Neihart, please contact this office concerning any applications and regulations that may need to be adhered to prior to any development. Regulations and permit applications are available via the links at the bottom of this page. You can also visit our staff at the planning division.


121 4th St N #2H-2I
Great Falls, MT 59401


Phone: 1 (406) 454-6905
Fax: 1 (406) 454-6919


Planning Division Current Fees

All fees are non-refundable. The current fee schedule is available to view here or is available at the Planning Division front desk.





Miscellaneous Information



Zoning Mapbook